CULINARY NINJA SERIES (EPISODE THIRTY TWO)
It’s rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber! This raspberry coulis is definitely perfect to eat on its own or over a delicious cake because who says getting into fitness means no dessert right? Desserts don’t always have to be something to be guilty about. In fact, the oil from raspberries has a sun protection factor which helps those of you trying to lose weight. It also helps boost your immune system to make sure you don’t get a “sick day” at the gym.
This recipe is perfect for those of you who like to snack on something after a workout. It’s not heavy on the stomach and it goes with almost anything! Pair it up with a tasty chocolate cake and your day is all set. But of course, watch out for those portions as they’re known to be silent killers. So go ahead and get a sweet workout!
- 1 lb. (0.45kg.) frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- Heat raspberries and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until boiling.
- Pour mixture into a blender and blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour through a fine mesh strainer and agitate with a spoon or spatula until all liquid passes through mesh and all seeds are contained in mesh.
- Scrape down the outside of the strainer to ensure you capture all the coulis.
- Pour through a funnel into a squirt bottle and chill to 40 F. The sauce will thicken as it cools. The coulis is at its proper consistency when completely cool.